Following the release of KanZeOn ReIndications, a series of remixes made out of footage from the soundtrack of the film KanZeOn, a special launch party after the film’s London premiere at Zipangu Fest at the ICA will celebrate these two projects together. Boldly bringing together old and new, the evening will be centred around transporting traditional Japanese sights and sounds into modern styles.
- All the way from Japan, ta2mi, the beatboxing, DJing Buddhist priest at the heart of the film KanZeOn.
- KidKanevil (First Words Records, !K7, Ninja Tune, RBMA) performing live from his strongly Japanese-flavoured album Basho Basho. (tbc).
- Paul Fisher, founder of Far-Side Music - one of the primary importers of music from Japan into the UK - regular radio host on Resonance FM, and curator of the Rough Guide to the Music of Japan. (tbc).
- Kper (Original Cultures, Rhythm Incursions) playing a special Japanese-vinyl only DJ set.
- Also flying in from Japan will be the Japanese half of Shi_ne_ko_sei, a Japan-UK production duo also including KanZeOn’s co-director/producer, who will be playing a selection from the ReIndications release and tracks that inspired the whole project.
Alongside this music programme will be a live visual performance remixing footage from the film by amoeba.av – an internationally acclaimed designer and AV artist working at events across Europe as part of the Scottish video art collective AAA.