CinematICA is aimed at encouraging both public and private investment in the future of ICA Cinema and presents a special series of opportunities to include a special monthly public screening in conjunction with directors, writers and actors, high profile gala screenings and opportunities to join cinematic legends past, present and future by 'adopting' a cinema seat.
If, over the course of the ICA's existence, our cinema programming has continually shifted its focus of attention—from French New Wave to the Far East to the Middle East, and from Queer Cinema to politically charged documentary—then this is only a reassuring indication that film at the ICA is continuing to do what it does best: to provide moments of reflection, disquiet, surprise contrasted by pure, dizzying exhilaration.
Do you enjoy and want to support...
- a 'cinema of ideas' - movies that stretch the definition of entertainment to deal with politics, the arts, human rights, the environment and sexuality?
- a comprehensive programme of feature films and documentaries from all over the world?
- work from some of the most creative artists in the 20th century?
- avant-garde, experimental and student work?
- experiments in cinema with live acoustic and electronic music accompaniment?
- formal and informal education activities for many different audiences?
- in-depth panel discussions, masterclasses and director Q&As?
- exclusive special previews, retrospectives and specialist festivals?
- good food and drink - with a fully licensed, vibrant cafe bar serving from a menu of high quality beverages, lunch, dinner and snacks?
If so, you can get involved with CinematICA in a variety of ways:
- Attend one of our special CinematICA fundraising events as listed below - proceeds from which go towards the refurbishment project.
- Make a donation as you buy your regular cinema tickets
- Make a donation directly to the CinematICA fund
- Adopt a new ICA Cinema Seat