Aged 16-24 and want to gain work experience in the creative industry? Join us for a series of free workshops and meetings that will offer training and skills in hosting a youth festival, supported by a mentor and with a Level 1 accreditation attached (the Community Development & Leadership Award).
On Saturday 22 July, ICA Youth Ambassadors GUAP Magazine and The Slumflower are curating an all-day youth festival at the ICA featuring talks, film screenings, art workshops and a live music programme. We want YOU to join us, gaining work experience in the creative industry and honing your event management skills over three structured sessions at the ICA.
You’ll undergo group tasks and training in Creating Digital Content, Interview Skills & Confidence, and complete your ICA Volunteers Induction which will enable you to support the delivery of the festival – all while gaining a nationally-recognised Level 1 accreditation.
This programme offers you:
• Advice, support, and inspiration from a mentor.
• Digital and interview skills training.
• Level 1 Community Development & Leadership Award.
• Free access to the Youth Festival music programme in the evening.
• Completion of this programme automatically enters you into to a competition to win a day on a video shoot with GUAP, or a personal styling day with The Slumflower.
The three workshops needed to gain your accreditation will take place from 6-22 July, and full details will be announced shortly.
Apply now! Online bookings will be available shortly, but for now you can email Associate Curator Carey Robinson at to register your place. The deadline for applications is 15 June and we will let you know if your application has been successful by 24 June.